The Archdiocese of Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania was established in 1916 as a missionary diocese to reach out to the scattered sheep of our Lord in Western Pennsylvania, to proclaim to the faith of the Apostles and bring them to the light of Truth. Our Archdiocese has been blessed by God to have had the holy honor of St. Patriarch Tikhon, the Holy Hierarch Raphael and the martyred Priest Vasily Martyz serve within her midst. The Archdiocese has been established through their holy efforts, and those of the hierarchs, reverend clergy and faithful laity over the years.
Specific themes to be explored include generating dialogue to “find the center” in parish discussions; envisioning a bright future through a sense of purpose, directionand prioritized action; inspiring stewardship by replacing begging and continual pleas with generosity and gratitude; communicating a positive parish identity and overcoming insularity by stimulating ministry.
With the blessing of His Grace, Bishop MELCHISEDEK, St. Cyril of White Lake Food Pantry has opened at Holy Assumption of St. Mary Orthodox Church, 105 S. 19th St. Pittsburgh, PA. The Food Pantry is open on Thursdays from 5:45pm to 6:45pm, and as needed by appointment to meet the needs of the poor and homeless of the City of Pittsburgh.
For more information, please visit the St. Cyril of White Lake Food Pantry Page