The Archdiocese of Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania is a diocese of the autocephalous Orthodox Church in America led by His Eminence, Archbishop Melchisedek and is a part of the worldwide communion of canonical Orthodox Churches.
Our cathedral is St Alexander Nevsky Orthodox Church in Allison Park and includes 43 parishes in Western and Central Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, and Northern West Virginia.
The Archdiocese of Pittsburgh was established in 1916 as a missionary diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, and became autocephalous in 1970.
Today, the archdiocese is committed to the growth and health of her parishes and faithful members through an active liturgical life, Christian education, ministry to those in need, and fellowship.
A more history was compiled in 2016 for the centennial of the Archdiocese.